Visual D 0.3.40 released

Rainer Schuetze via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Fri Jan 2 00:56:47 PST 2015

On 01.01.2015 23:55, notna wrote:
> Thanks Rainer
>
> As VisualD is now part of D-Programming-Language, it would be great if
> it would have the same releases/tags. Would i.e. simplify the
> maintenance of the DMD Windows installer and also make it clear with
> which D version VisualD keeps pace ;)

Most of the new features and bug fixes in Visual D are not linked to
language changes. Those that are probably also need support in dparser,
which is an external project.

I'm also trying to have more frequent releases than dmd, so versions
will diverge. Maybe a sticker somewhere "best with dmd 2.xxx" could help
matching the appropriate compiler version.

Please note that Visual D also has support for GDC and LDC.