New blog about D

Márcio Martins via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Fri Oct 2 17:14:47 PDT 2015

On Tuesday, 29 September 2015 at 10:23:25 UTC, Chris wrote:
> On Tuesday, 29 September 2015 at 04:19:58 UTC, Mike Parker
> wrote:
>> On Monday, 28 September 2015 at 14:26:35 UTC, Chris wrote:
>

>> I really don't like blog posts that have overly broad titles
>> when the subject matter is technical. I think the title should
>> be as specific as possible so that I know if it's something I
>> care about. If I see a general title about game development
>> that refers to something that only touches a specific aspect
>> of it, one that I'm not interested in, I'll just feel like
>> I've wasted my time. Moreover, when I am doing a search for
>> something specific, the blog title is often all I pay
>> attention to as I can the search results. A more specific
>> title helps out a lot.
>
> It depends on what the blogger in question wants. If s/he wants
> to draw attention to D in general and give examples of how D is
> useful to solve certain problems (e.g. with templates, mixins
> etc), then the title should be more general. The next article
> might be about processing big data in D - then it should have
> "big data" in the title/tag/keywords and not just something
> that refers to one specific aspect of big data handling. The
> point is that if people see D being associated with various
> aspects of programming (games, big data), it gets them
> interested in D in general.
>
> If, however, the blogger only wants to talk about D to people
> who already use D, then s/he might as well be more specific.

I just published a follow up post, demonstrating how easy it is
to get swizzle assignment.

I also implemented feeds, which can be found here:
Atom: http://www.mmartins.me/feed.xml?atom
RSS: http://www.mmartins.me/feed.xml?rss

Posts are now also properly tagged with meta keywords.

Chris, I kept the title similar to suggest a follow up. I still
think you were right regarding the title policy, and next posts
will have a title more appealing to a broader audience.

Thanks for the feedback guys!