Moving forward with work on the D language and foundation

Iain Buclaw via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Mon Oct 12 11:41:21 PDT 2015

On 12 October 2015 at 20:30, Gary Willoughby via
Digitalmars-d-announce <digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com> wrote:
> On Monday, 12 October 2015 at 18:25:57 UTC, Iain Buclaw wrote:
>>
>> Maybe I missed something, but at last check, Go and most of it's internal
>> runtime is written in C++ (gccgo).  They have an "upstream" somewhere, so
>> I'd imagine that is C++ too.
>

> The last release saw the compiler and runtime ported to Go.
>
> https://golang.org/doc/go1.5

Either gccgo will continue to be C++ (not C) or they never shared a
common codebase, ever.

https://go.googlesource.com/gofrontend/
https://gcc.gnu.org/git/?p=gcc.git;a=tree;f=gcc/go/gofrontend;hb=HEAD

I reckon it's the latter.  What a joy to have competing
implementations. (Well, at least they are maintained in the same camp
unlike... :-)