Fastest JSON parser in the world is a D project

Marco Leise via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Sun Oct 18 10:21:02 PDT 2015

Am Sun, 18 Oct 2015 03:40:52 +0000
schrieb rsw0x <anonymous at anonymous.com>:

> On Wednesday, 14 October 2015 at 07:01:49 UTC, Marco Leise wrote:
> > JSON parsing in D has come a long way, especially when you look
> > at it from the efficiency angle as a popular benchmark does
> > that has been forked by well known D contributers like Martin
> > Nowak or Sönke Ludwig.
> >
> > [...]
>
> Slightly OT:
> You have a std.simd file in your repo, was this written by you or
> is there a current std.simd proposal that I'm unaware of?

Manu wrote that back in the days with the idea that it would
help writing portable SIMD code on many architectures:
https://github.com/TurkeyMan/simd
Working in the 3D visualization business and having held at
least one talk about SIMD it was no coincidence that he was
interested in better vector math support. Inclusion into
Phobos was planned. DMD needs some upgrading of the somewhat
ad hoc SIMD intrinsic implementation though:
https://issues.dlang.org/buglist.cgi?keywords=SIMD&resolution=---
Many instructions cannot be expressed outside of inline
assembly which doesn't inline.

--
Marco