"Programming in D" ebook is available for purchase

cym13 via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Wed Oct 28 11:46:24 PDT 2015

On Wednesday, 28 October 2015 at 08:01:29 UTC, Ali Çehreli wrote:
> Although the book will always be free[1], many of you have
> expressed a need to pay without having to buy the paper version.

It's a bit late now but I like what Cory Doctorow (a writter who
publishes mainly books under Creative Common license) does: the
epub/pdf version is free but if you want to participate without
buying the paper version you can buy a book that will be given to
a library (of your choice if you express one) instead. This
allows participation as well as diffusion.

As this is not a book of fiction it may be suited to fewer
libraries but I still think this is a concept worth sharing.