"Programming in D" paper book is available for purchase

Ali Çehreli via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Sun Sep 27 23:36:50 PDT 2015

On 09/09/2015 09:18 PM, Paul O'Neil wrote:

 > I understand that you may not have the IngramSpark edition yet, so an
 > answer may have to wait:
 >
 > Which publisher produces the better book?  Is one bound better, etc.?

I've received the first proof copy of the IngramSpark printing.
Comparing it to the CreateSpace printing:

- It is virtually impossible to tell that the two books are printed by
two separate printers. The quality is the same.

- The bindings are almost the same: CreateSpace's glue is translucent,
IngramSpark's glue is white. Bothe are very good.

- IngramSpark's paper is thinner (eyeballing: about 15-20% thinner); so
it is more see through.

More importantly, I can say that my first experimentation with the
format change has failed: When the margins are too narrow, the book
looks very amateurish. I am going back to more comfortable formatting.

Ali