Hotfix release vibe.d 0.7.28

Georgi D via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Mon Feb 29 02:26:54 PST 2016

On Monday, 29 February 2016 at 07:54:09 UTC, Sönke Ludwig wrote:

> The same procedure will then happen for vibe:http (the new
> package will include HTTP/2 support) and the other sub packages.

This is great news. Will the new HTTP package support an endpoint
address and transport abstraction so it can be used over Unix
Domain sockets, Named/Annonymous pipes and other stream types?

I have looked into implementing Unix Domain sockets support for
vibe.d(more specifically the reverse proxy module) and noticed
that enabling HTTP over UDS would be a fairly big and complicated
change.

Working on it is still on my todo list but if the the abstraction
is going to change anyway I might wait until it has settled a bit.

I am also willing to look and help with the abstractions before
they are included in an official release if it would not
interfere too much with your work.