Silicon Valley D Meetup - December 14, 2017 - "Experimenting with Link Time Optimization" by Jon Degenhardt

Jon Degenhardt jond at noreply.com
Sat Dec 16 19:40:14 UTC 2017

On Saturday, 16 December 2017 at 11:52:37 UTC, Johan Engelen
wrote:
> On Friday, 15 December 2017 at 03:08:35 UTC, Ali Çehreli wrote:
>> This should be live now:
>>
>>   http://youtu.be/e05QvoKy_8k
>
> Great! I've added some comments there, pasted here:

Fantastic feedback! Fills in some really important details.

> Can't wait to see the results of LTO on Weka.io's (LARGE)
> applications. Work in progress...!

Agreed. It'd be great to see the experience of a few more apps.

> Could you add the reference links in the comment section there
> too? (can't click on blue links in the video ;-)

Done. Thanks for pointing this out. I also updated the posted
slide deck so that the hyperlinks work after downloading it.
(They still aren't clickable in the GitHub inline viewer.)

> Clearly very interested in what your PGO testing will show. :-)

Yes, should be interesting. Promising results in one benchmark.
And sigh, I forgot to mention the opportunity you mentioned for
someone to participate: Adding LLVM's IR-level PGO to the LDC
compiler. Sounds pretty cool.