Blog post: What D got wrong

RazvanN razvan.nitu1305 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 13 09:40:45 UTC 2018

On Tuesday, 11 December 2018 at 10:45:39 UTC, Atila Neves wrote:
> A few things that have annoyed me about writing D lately:
>
> https://atilanevesoncode.wordpress.com/2018/12/11/what-d-got-wrong/

That was a really good blog post, however I am strongly against
the following sentence:

"I think there’s a general consensus that @safe, pure and
immutable should be default."

It's not at all a general consensus and doing this would
literally break all the existing D code. Without discussing all
the technical aspects, this will severely impact the adoption
rate of D because it will make it very complicated for people
coming from a C/C++/Java background to accommodate with the
language. In addition, this is completely against D's liberal
philosophy where you can program however you want.