Printing shortest decimal form of floating point number with Mir

Imperatorn johan_forsberg_86 at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 6 08:36:26 UTC 2021

On Wednesday, 6 January 2021 at 06:50:34 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> With programming languages, it does not matter what you think
> you wrote. What matters is how the language semantics are
> defined to work.

Yes, this is how it's different from communicating natural
languages where the receiver of the message can interpret things
"the wrong way", or at least not the way you intended.

It's a nice metaphor for may have happened with that DIP.

Sometimes things are just hard to communicate, so please guys,
try to give the benefit of the doubt.

It's 2021, the year of D! 😉

I have a proposal though, even before writing a DIP, would it be
a good idea to have a summary with concise examples and then do a
quick poll?

That way you don't waste time, and have the opportunity to
improve your thoughts even before doing too much work?

Just an idea. What do you think? 🤔