Printing shortest decimal form of floating point number with Mir

Ola Fosheim Grøstad ola.fosheim.grostad at gmail.com
Wed Jan 6 10:02:15 UTC 2021

On Wednesday, 6 January 2021 at 06:50:34 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> As far as I can tell, the only algorithms that are incorrect
> with extended precision intermediate values are ones
> specifically designed to tease out the roundoff to the reduced
> precision.

It becomes impossible to write good unit-tests for floating point
if you don't know what the exact results should be.

Anyway, it is ok if this is up to the compiler vendor if you can
test a flag for it.

Just get rid of implicit conversion for floating point. Nobody
interested in numerics would want that.