Seeking Mentor for "Improve D Error Messages" Project

Bradley Chatha sealabjaster at gmail.com
Tue Aug 6 16:32:45 UTC 2024

On Tuesday, 6 August 2024 at 13:19:29 UTC, Royal Simpson Pinto
wrote:
> Thank you!

Exciting project!

I'm not sure if it's of any use, but I have 2 unsuccessful PRs
addressing error messages:

1. https://github.com/dlang/dmd/pull/12526 - the code is awful
(and outdated), don't even bother looking at it, but the PR
descriptions + comments grants some insight and links into
previous discussions around error messages.

2. https://github.com/dlang/dmd/pull/15197 - a slightly more
structured approach code-wise, though doesn't have much in the
way of discussions like the other PR does. A good example of what
_not_ to do still though.