DConf '24 Schedule & BeerConf News

FeepingCreature feepingcreature at gmail.com
Mon Jun 3 13:53:39 UTC 2024

On Monday, 3 June 2024 at 13:26:54 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:
> ## The DConf '24 Schedule
>
> The DConf '24 schedule is now live:
>
> https://dconf.org/2024/index.html#schedule
>
> You'll notice that we've departed from the norm in a few
> places. That's because of the number of submissions we
> received. Typically, we receive either just enough or many more
> than we need. This year, we needed 16 and received submissions
> from 19 people.

Yay!

Maybe on the template for next year, have an optional rating
field for "How important is this talk to you / how time-critical
is this talk" so you can sort by "is fine being deferred". My
Neat talk was a bit time-critical to me due to the development
schedule, and of course close to my heart; conversely, I wouldn't
have had a problem with moving the Dustmite talk to '25, for
instance.