Sokol now has official D bindings

Hipreme msnmancini at hotmail.com
Tue May 14 13:21:08 UTC 2024

On Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:46:13 UTC, ryuukk_ wrote:
> LDC yet again is proving how essential it is for D, now that
> more OS are embracing ARM, having LDC available and maintained
> to support latest version of LLVM and all kind of platforms is
> a blessing
>
> The maintainer is using macOS, and his library targets many
> platforms including the web with WASM, both supported by LDC
> out of the box
>
> DMD for fast iteration time (on x86, hopefully ARM in the
> future)
>
> And LDC for everything else
>
> It's a deadly combo, thanks to everyone working hard on
> maintaining both projects

- On my work with redub, I've used dmd as a default. If it is not
being able to find it, it will give an warning and try LDC
instead.
- No need to change float default from nan to 0, excluding my own
opinion, Walter concretely believes that nan is better than 0. I
would like to at least get warnings on uninitialized floats, so
it becomes 50-50 and no one will ever initialize float to nan
again.
- Could we get official LDC full D support to WASM? I haven't
been having much time to work with D. When I do have time, the
last thing I want to do is updating my custom runtime again.
Beyond that, people always get the wrong impression from the WASM
status quo. I know we won't have a garbage collection, but 90% of
the work will be done. Just send a warning for anyone using D
wasm runtime that support is incomplete. D always done that
nevertheless.