Beerconf May

Steven Schveighoffer schveiguy at gmail.com
Thu May 23 17:42:38 UTC 2024

On Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 20:35:17 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer
wrote:
> # BEERCONF!
>
> This month, we are having our favorite online gathering on the
> 25-26 of May. We will announce the stream the day of the 25th.

Hi All, just a friendly reminder this is happening in 2 days!

> ## Presentations?
>
> Let me know if you have anything you want to schedule, via
> discord, email, or anywhere you find me. I will announce it,
> and get you an audience!

Nobody has asked to show anything, so I thought I might do a
quick dive into how the new [Interpolation Expression
Sequences](https://dlang.org/spec/istring.html) (a.k.a. string
interpolation) work. These were added in the last major version
of D, and I'm excited to start using these in my libraries!

I will do a very informal presentation (no slides, just talking
and coding) at about 18:00 UTC on Saturday. We will send out an
announcement when it's about to start as well.

See you then!

-Steve