Symmetry Autumn of Code 2026 Begins

Niyati Jain niyati.jainn15 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 18 06:35:33 UTC 2026


On Tuesday, 15 September 2026 at 14:55:03 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:
> Niyati Jain is working on this, with Nicholas Wilson as mentor. 
> A number of ImportC bugs were squashed in SAOC 2025 by Emmanuel 
> Nyarko. This project aims to build on that by targeting 
> specific compilation failures in a set of widely-used C 
> libraries and providing wrapper-free dub packages for those 
> libraries. This involves fixing issues involving system 
> headers, function-like macros, bitfields, and more.

Thank you so much, really appreciate the support. I already 
started working on it and will post updates on the forum as I go.

On Tuesday, 15 September 2026 at 15:23:55 UTC, Serg Gini wrote:
> Very nice! Proper dub integration would be much appreciated.
> If there will be also capacity for SIMD/atomic/float8 support 
> would be great!

Thanks! I'll try to fit SIMD/atomics in if there's time left 
after the core milestones, float8 is a bit out of scope rn for 
this term but I'll file it for later for sure and work on it.



More information about the Digitalmars-d-announce mailing list