Fail to set LD_LIBRARY_PATH then cross build for ARM

Oleg B via digitalmars-d-ldc digitalmars-d-ldc at puremagic.com
Tue Aug 1 17:46:01 PDT 2017

On Tuesday, 1 August 2017 at 20:18:43 UTC, Joakim wrote:
> It is not clear what you're trying to do. You want to use the
> ldc 1.3 compiler on linux/x64 to cross-compile to linux/armhf?

Yes.

> To do this, you are building the ldc 1.4 libraries natively on
> linux/armhf, then copying them over to linux/x64 and trying to
> use them with ldc 1.3?

Yes, I build master ldc some time ago (before 1.3.0 release) and
it have version 1.4.0 (it's not master now, I say master because
it was not a tag and I don't know why developers names it 1.4.0)
and it's very long time building. Now I only try using builded
libs. If they did not work, I must be rebuild they. But they
work! And working druntime and phobos isn't a question.

> If you have a working ldc 1.4 on your Raspberry/ARM board, why
> not just use that?

Because rpi2 have 1GB RAM, building gtk-d need more 1.6 GB RAM.
For code without gtk-d building is very slow.

> Please detail exactly what you're doing, as you seem to be
> trying something unusual.

I try build my soft on rpi.

Main question is how to specify dir with ARM version of druntime
and phobos and remove default dir from call extern gcc compiler?
Default dir is /usr/lib64 and it contains druntime and phobos
(x86_64). Additional dir not scans because build fails while
trying loading existing x86_64 libs.