Ldc apt-get is on 0.14.0 (Raspbian)

jmh530 john.michael.hall at gmail.com
Wed Nov 15 03:11:36 UTC 2017

On Thursday, 13 July 2017 at 18:15:39 UTC, Andre Pany wrote:
> Hi,
>
> it is quite nice, you can install LDC on Raspbian via apt-get
> install ldc.
> Unfortunatelly it seems it isn't maintained as it is on version
> 0.14.0 (v2.0.65).
>
> Also the second resource
> https://archlinuxarm.org/packages/armv7h/ldc
> is quite old (0.17.1-1).
>
> If possible could you update these resources?
>
> Kind regards
> André

I've been playing around with the linux subsystem for windows and
noticed this as well. sudo apt install ldc gives 0.17 for me. I
ended up modifying the install instructions below (from here [1])
for the more recent version.

curl -L -O
https://github.com/ldc-developers/ldc/releases/download/v1.4.0/ldc2-1.4.0-linux-x86_64.tar.xz

tar xf ldc2-1.4.0-linux-x86_64.tar.xz
export PATH=$PATH:/path/to/your/ldc2-1.4.0-linux-x86_64/bin
ldc2 --version   # check that ldc is your path

It might make sense to put something like this a little more
prominently on the github page, given that it only references
using apt for ubuntu and those are older releases currently.

[1] https://wiki.dlang.org/Build_D_for_Android