Illegal Instruction

Russel Winder russel at winder.org.uk
Sat Mar 24 16:07:47 UTC 2018

On Sat, 2017-12-23 at 20:29 +0000, David Nadlinger via digitalmars-d-ldc
wrote:
> On Tuesday, 12 December 2017 at 13:55:45 UTC, Bottled Gin wrote:
> > $ ldmd2 -fPIC -g -shared test.d
> > $ ldmd2 main.d -g -L-ltest -L-L/tmp -L-R/tmp
> > $ ./main
> > Illegal instruction (core dumped)
>
> Just for the record (I had responded on Gitter already), the
> problem here is trying to mix shared libraries and the static
> druntime build; https://github.com/ldc-developers/ldc/pull/2454
> converts the assert(0) trap into a nice error message.
>
>   — David

Apologies for the delay in getting back to this, long story but involves
working with Rust for a while. <shock-horror/>

I just did a brand new rebuild on Debian Sid and this is still seeming to
happen. Does anyone have a workaround that doesn't involve using dmd instead
of ldc2?

--
Russel.
Dr Russel Winder      t: +44 20 7585 2200