Vibe.d on Raspberry Pi

kinke noone at nowhere.com
Tue Nov 6 02:21:42 UTC 2018

On Monday, 5 November 2018 at 08:15:44 UTC, Pander wrote:
> Hello, I've written a short tutorial on how to write a D Vibe.d
> web application targeting the raspberry Pi.
> I'm a newcomer to the D community so any suggestion is really
> appreciated.
>
> Tutorial at https://github.com/pander86/raspberry_vibed
>
> Bye,
> Andrea

Thx. Just some notes:

* 'A tutorial to build a vibed web application on raspberryPi' -
it's actually *for* a Pi, as it's cross-built on an x86_64 host.
* Building *on* a Pi should be possible with the prebuilt armhf
LDC package, although I don't know if it has enough RAM to be
really usable.
* Cross-compiling druntime/Phobos can be skipped by simply using
the prebuilt libs from the armhf package.
* Similarly, it may be easier to install other dependencies
directly on the Pi and then copy the libs to the cross-compiling
host.