GDC on Mac - math linker errors for do-nothing program

Anders F Björklund afb at algonet.se
Mon Nov 20 23:23:17 PST 2006

Chris Pelling wrote:

> The machine is a classic iMac, one of the original ones from 1998; I
> think it's a Revision B. (My workplace was going to throw it out so I
> got it for free.) I installed a fresh copy of Mac OS X 10.3 "Panther" on
> it (Tiger dropped support for the classic iMacs), downloaded and
> installed Xcode Tools 1.5 as instructed, and then downloaded and
> installed gdc from http://gdcmac.sf.net.

Sounds reasonable. The math symbols you describe are being defined in
/usr/lib/libSystem.dylib, so it should be able to find those easilly...

> I have no idea what's causing this. I've tried reinstalling Xcode and
> the BSD Subsystem, to no avail.

It works here, Mac OS X 10.3.9, Xcode 1.5. So it should for you too.
Which GDC installation for Panther did you use ? (i.e. 0.19 or r20)

--anders

PS. You might try installing GDC from source code to see if that helps