Questions about D (DirectX)

FireLancer Dragon_Fly1102 at Hotmail.com
Thu May 22 14:00:14 PDT 2008

jcc7 Wrote:

> == Quote from FireLancer (FireLancer at yahoo.com)'s article
>
> > 3)
> > How do I go about using DirectX with D as all the headers are c/c++
>
> I think there are a couple of D ports of the DirectX headers floating around. I
> suspect this is the best one (but I haven't used it myself):
> http://www.dsource.org/projects/bindings/browser/trunk/win32/directx
>
> (It's part of the "Windows API" project at dsource:
> http://www.dsource.org/projects/bindings/wiki/WindowsApi)

Is there no eqivlent of d3dx9.h or is it embedded in one of the other files?  Ive used functions from that all over the place and I don't really want to relearn in order to work out ways of doing stuff without some of it's features and DirectX 10 isn't an option for me.

Also is there any support beyond Direct3D like DirectSound or xAudio2 (prefered) or will I need to write my own port of the March SDK to get those things?