array of elements of various subclasses

spir denis.spir at gmail.com
Sun Nov 7 07:17:38 PST 2010

Hello,

Say I have some subclasses of Pattern. When I try to write
	Pattern[] patterns = [x,y,z];
I get an error because, apparently, D types the array according to the class of z (Choice is here the type of z):

DeeMatch.d(473): Error: cannot implicitly convert expression (x) of type DeeMatch.Pattern to DeeMatch.Choice
DeeMatch.d(473): Error: cannot implicitly convert expression (y) of type DeeMatch.Pattern to DeeMatch.Choice
DeeMatch.d(473): Error: cannot implicitly convert expression ([(__error),(__error),z]) of type Choice[] to Pattern[]

Is this interpretation correct? And what can I do?

Denis
vit esse estrany ☣

spir.wikidot.com