D programming video tutorial

Jakob Jenkov via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Fri Dec 18 14:35:45 PST 2015

On Sunday, 13 December 2015 at 20:29:47 UTC, Pederator wrote:
> Hi. Does anybody who is familair with D consider to make a
> comprehensive D programming video tutorial / training / course?
> This could be encouraging and helpful for people to start with
> D. It could also help in promoting D programming language. This
> is a question for all the community, please comment what do you
> think about this idea, we will know if there is an interest in
> such a training video, or is it just me.

Hi,

I have written more than 750 tutorials about Java, and made 19
videos. My experience is, that once I have the written tutorial
then I also have the TOC for the corresponding video. I can
usually record a screencast in about 0,5 to 2 hours, and then it
takes about the same time to put the screencast parts together
into a coherent video. Someone else can normally do that, though.

I have been thinking about writing about D too. Maybe make a few
videos. But I don't know... I don't know how big the interest is
in total.