DMD -L Flag, maybe a bug?

Bubbasaur via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Fri Dec 25 17:04:57 PST 2015

On Friday, 25 December 2015 at 23:45:42 UTC, anonymous wrote:
> That means a .lib file, right?

Yes.

> The GtkD docs say to use -L though [2], so I suppose that
> should work too.

> Maybe show your exact complete command line, if you want to
> find out why it doesn't work for you.

It's almost like the example in the URL you showed:

dmd test.d -LC:/gtkd/src/build/GtkD.lib

Where the command above doesn't works, on the other hand the 2
others below works:

dmd test.d -L C:/gtkd/src/build/GtkD.lib

dmd test.d C:/gtkd/src/build/GtkD.lib

But if you do a search for problems like: Linking problem or
Symbol Undefined most command lines uses this:
"-Lpath/to/whatever" (Without Space). And another thing... there
is other flag commonly used "-I" with doesn't need space, so most
people will assume the same for -L.

Well this problem took only 30 minutes, because luckily I found
the answer on the second link, but it could take hours.

Bubba.