Lazy std.algorithm.replace()

Nordlöw via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Mon Nov 2 12:22:09 PST 2015

On Monday, 2 November 2015 at 19:53:09 UTC, Ali Çehreli wrote:
> On 11/02/2015 04:22 AM, Nordlöw wrote:
>> On Sunday, 1 November 2015 at 14:26:21 UTC, Nordlöw wrote:
>>> Is there a reason why Phobos doesn't contain a lazy range
>>> variant of
>>> std.string.replace?
>>
>> Ping.
>
> What is the use case?

Chaining replacement with other filterings. I need in my
knowledge database (graph) i building...which a *lot* of string
processing.

> The implementation doesn't seem trivial to me as it needs to
> maintain an internal buffer as large as the 'to' argument to do
> the mutation in.
>
> Ali

I'm aware of that.

I'm done with the easy cases at

https://github.com/nordlow/justd/blob/master/algorithm_ex.d#L1946

and

https://github.com/nordlow/justd/blob/master/algorithm_ex.d#L1997

I'm planning to implement the most generic version where
`haystack` and keys are both ranges by reusing  std.algorithm :
find`. Do you have any more advice on that overload?