DConf 2017 Videos

Mike Parker aldacron at gmail.com
Sat Apr 25 04:34:10 UTC 2020

On Saturday, 25 April 2020 at 04:11:02 UTC, Ali Çehreli wrote:
> On 4/24/20 2:11 PM, Steven Schveighoffer wrote:> On 4/24/20
> 4:24 PM, matheus wrote:
>
> > whomever controlled the sociomantic youtube account took down
> > all the videos.
>
> I think it's unintentional because the same thing happened to
> my Weka account: After I stopped working there, the company
> naturally deleted my account and the videos that were
> associated with that account disappeared from YouTube after a
> grace period. I think it was one month at that time but nobody
> was aware until it was too late.

Well, this wasn't one person's account. It was the company
account. I've since learned that, as part of Dunhumby's process
of killing off the Sociomantic brand, someone in their marketing
department took it down without realizing that we were relying on
it. To their credit, they have since tried to recover the
account, but apparently by then it was too late.