tkd does not build anymore after 2.096

russhy russhy at gmail.com
Wed Oct 13 01:55:38 UTC 2021

On Tuesday, 12 October 2021 at 18:18:45 UTC, tastyminerals wrote:
> On Tuesday, 12 October 2021 at 17:35:53 UTC, russhy wrote:
>> Recent version for nullable removed implicit conversion, you
>> must call .get now.. wich is a pain to update
>>

>> i suggest using a previous version of ``struct Nullable``
>> https://github.com/dlang/phobos/blob/v2.096.1/std/typecons.d
>>
>> create a nullable.d file in tkd project, and replace the
>> imports to that module
>>
>> that'll solve this issue
>>
>> but that wouldn't solve the fact that the
>> https://code.dlang.org/packages/tkd package won't build
>>
>> we need to contact the maintainers and suggest to update the
>> library
>>

>> another solution would be to revert the nullable change
>>
>> that sounds like an unnecessary change that breaks lot of
>> code/packages..
>
> Yes, I can locally "fix" that but I would also like whoever
> wants to compile the app in the company also compile it for his
> machine :(
> I tried to find the email of the maintainer but so far didn't
> have time for search.

I found this twitter: https://twitter.com/nomaddeveloper

And his linkdin:
https://uk.linkedin.com/in/gary-willoughby-33b48963

(Publicly available on his website:
http://nomad.uk.net/pages/about.html)

What you should probably do anyways is:

1- fork the project on github

2- apply the workaround for nullable

Update your dub file so it picks your dependency (people forgot,
but you can use git repo as dependencies, just like in go)

```json
	"repository":"https://github.com/your_github/tkd.git",
	"dependencies": {
		"tkd":  "~master" // or what ever version you want
	}
```