Approach to Integration Testing in D

Mathias LANG geod24 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 4 16:41:49 UTC 2022

On Friday, 4 February 2022 at 12:38:08 UTC, Vijay Nayar wrote:
> Greetings everyone,
>
> ## Question
>
> What is your approach to integration testing in D? Do you use
> `unittest` blocks? Do you write stand-alone programs that
> interact with a running version of your program? Is there a
> library that makes certain kinds of testing easier?

For server nodes, I've built a library just for this:
https://github.com/Geod24/localrest

It required careful planning on the application side (e.g. we're
not calling `runTask`, we have some classes for dependency
injection), but allowed us to write "integration tests" in
unittests block:
https://github.com/bosagora/agora/tree/75967aac4f41272c6e5e8487c4066174825290e0/source/agora/test#agora-test-folder