Offline D documentation/tutorial

Christian Köstlin christian.koestlin at gmail.com
Wed Feb 16 20:07:09 UTC 2022

On 2022-02-13 01:16, LorenDB wrote:
> Is there a way to download tour.dlang.org, the D spec, and/or the Phobos
> spec as an offline HTML site? I like the ability of cppreference.com to
> be saved as an offline HTML archive and I'd like to have that for D as
> well.
In addition to the already mentioned solutions there are at least two more:

1. I was pointed by Seb to https://devdocs.io/d/ which offers an offline
mode via html5.

2. Another nice thing for dlang would be to support dash docsets
(https://kapeli.com/dash). There is a free opensource reader for those
as well (https://zealdocs.org/).
https://github.com/trishume/d-phobos-docset tried to create such docsets
with a small script, but thats not up2date.

All in all I think there are almost to many half baked solutions to the
offline documentation problem in dlang. Perhaps this could be something
for the steering committee.

Kind regards,
Christian