How do you typically debug / write D code (Visual Studio - known to be broken in Error pane etc), VScode - I get this error...

Daniel Daniel
Mon Aug 19 10:59:33 UTC 2024

I give up on Visual Studio VisualD plugin as it's had the same
issues for over five years, and currently my program runs from
the command line, but VisualD complains with a 528 nonsensical
errors.

So I investigated using VScode instead (I do need a debugger),
and I get this:

```
Couldn't find a debug adapter descriptor for debug type 'code-d'
(extension might have failed to activate)
```

I have the D-support plugin installed and it auto-creates a
Launch config when I select it from the dropdown after clicking
Add Configuration.

The launch.json config looks like this:

```
{
     // Use IntelliSense to learn about possible attributes.
     // Hover to view descriptions of existing attributes.
     // For more information, visit:
https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=830387
     "version": "0.2.0",
     "configurations": [
         {
             "type": "code-d",
             "request": "launch",
             "dubBuild": true,
             "name": "Build & Debug DUB project",
             "cwd": "${command:dubWorkingDirectory}",
             "program": "${command:dubTarget}"
         }

     ]
}

```

I've tried both DUB vs non-DUB launch config.  Same error either
way.

So how do you guys efficiently debug D if there exists no working
environment or is there a nice IDE I'm unaware of?