Being reading a lot about betterC, but still have some questions

kiboshimo matheusmvpeixoto at gmail.com
Tue Jul 9 07:54:12 UTC 2024

Hi,

Some stuff must look obvious to an experienced programmer so they
are not explicit on articles and documentation over the internet.
I'm somewhat inexperienced, so:

- betterC does not need glue code to interop with C. Does it
achieve this by "gluing" behind the scenes? I've read in a
comment somewhere that the ABI is the same, but idk people say
lots of things.

- betterC cannot be used with some parts of phobos. Should I
worry I won't be able to use essential stuff for systems
programming? Things like atomics.
// If that is the case, can I supplant these low-level stuff with
an equivalent C library? (I don't think so, but I'm hopefull).

- betterC can be compiled to WASM, but some of phobos can't, so
basically same worries as above. I'm afraid to lose some
essential systems stuff that I could not replace.

I'm going to try a project with raylib and WASM. Really liked the
idea of doing it with betterC to start my systems programming
journey (tough start, don't care, just fill me in if you want to).

Thanks :)