Deprecation: foreach: loop index implicitly converted from size_t to int

BoQsc vaidas.boqsc at gmail.com
Fri May 3 10:50:03 UTC 2024

Why am I forced to visit this D Lang thread, why this deprecation
warning still appears in my console window in the latest version
of DMD. Does not make any sense from the developer's perspective
to show this warning and pollute the already polluted logging
entries of the compiler. How am I suppose to program anything
effectively if half of the screen are some nonsensical
deprecation warnings without guidance or sane explanations.

This is not better
```
     foreach (i, row; arr)
```
than
```
     foreach (int i, row; arr)
```
Hides the datatype and makes the D language appear in-explicit
and annoying.

What is this language becoming. A completely weak typed language
or something?

I would use JavaScript if I would want that. How are we suppose
to make whole sane Operating Systems with such syntaxes. Do
everyone just enjoy having bugs with some implicit size_t, or do
everyone just enjoy deprecation warnings in their logging systems
when there are way more important problems to solve, that are
actually project related.