LDC cant find lld-link when crosscompiling

AzuraAkumore truemr.derpster at gmail.com
Wed Oct 9 16:07:29 UTC 2024

Im trying to set up a project that i want to compile for both
Windows and Linux. I a on a Linux machine.

When compiling for Linux, the platform I'm on, ldc works no
problem. its only when I specify to compile for windows that it
cant find lld-link. I installed both LDC and DMD via the deb
package files.

My ldc2.conf has this section, taken from
[this](https://forum.dlang.org/post/bgzrimurmhxdsamwrhyo@forum.dlang.org) post.

```
"(i686|x86_64)-.*-windows.msvc":
	{
	    switches = [
		"-defaultlib=phobos2-ldc,druntime-ldc",
		"-link-defaultlib-shared=false",
	    ];
	    lib-dirs = [
		"/home/azura/Documents/ldc2-1.39.0-windows-x64/lib",
	    ];
	};
```

Ive also linked to the windows version of ldc in the conf. I dont
know if i did it correctly though.

Where have i messed up or am I even on the right track?