Would appreciate some help porting Q3VM to D (mainly C macros and type conversions)

Mark Bauermeister bauermeistermarkusdev at gmail.com
Tue Oct 15 11:37:10 UTC 2024

For the past 2 days I've been trying to port the Q3VM
(https://github.com/jnz/q3vm) to D.
While most of the code is converted, it's somewhat riddled with
cast statements and I'm still having trouble getting it to
compile without errors.

My conversion can be found here:

https://gist.github.com/markusbkk/442a571353a48c5377c503e7d02570fb

My main problem are the macro functions at line 398 in my code,
as well as the compiler telling me that "static variable
`codeImage` cannot be read at compile time".

Would really appreciate some help with this from the D Lords of
this group.