Integer precision of function return types

thinkunix thinkunix at zoho.com
Fri Sep 27 20:13:45 UTC 2024

monkyyy via Digitalmars-d-learn wrote:
> On Friday, 27 September 2024 at 04:23:32 UTC, thinkunix wrote:
>>
>> What about using 'auto' as the return type?
>> I tried it and it seemed to work OK.
>>
>> Wondering if there are any good reasons to use auto,
>> or bad reasons why not to use auto here?
>
> You have started a style debate that will last a week, great work

That was not my intent.  It was an honest question.  I'm here to learn
and not looking to start debates or for attitude.

I've seen a lot of "use auto everywhere" especially in C++ and was
wondering where the D community stands on it's use.  Is it generally
favored or not?

Personally, I think auto makes understanding code harder for humans.
But in this example, it seemed like auto was a good fit.