[Slight OT] TDPL in Russia

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Mon Aug 30 18:00:30 PDT 2010

Steven Schveighoffer wrote:
> I for one, tend to think that copyright is a great method of rewarding
> innovation, and although it has some rough edges, it's better than not
> having anything.  The world seems to be pretty damn innovative to me.

I think that some categories of software will never be free open source. For
example, tax prep software. That's because tax software is a load of tedious
detail work with no glory. People will want to be paid to write it, and others
will be willing to pay for it.

Of course, custom applications will have to be paid for, too.