Third and Hopefully Last Draft: Primary Type Syntax

Quirin Schroll qs.il.paperinik at gmail.com
Sat Sep 21 16:01:19 UTC 2024

On Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 13:29:05 UTC, Richard (Rikki)
Andrew Cattermole wrote:
> I recommend that you put it through Grammarly prior to Mike
> getting it, it'll lessen his workload.
>
> I.e. ``excpetion``
>
> Otherwise it is looking pretty good, and good job on doing the
> implementation!

I gave it two people to proofread and probably one just didn't do
it (he said it's good), the other sent me a revised version,
which did contain some style suggestions. It's not like I didn't
try something.

I'll try Grammerly. Haven't used it in ages.

The implementation has some workarounds that I'd hope won't make
it into the compiler. But as Walter pointed out in the Monthly
Meeting, it's not obvious the grammar changes won't lead to weird
parsings. Therefore, I hope the implementation can give people
like you, Paul Backus, and Timon Gehr the opportunity to find
holes or, hopefully, find none, which might be enough for Walter
to dispel his concerns.