[dmd-beta] Looks like it's time for a beta!

Rainer Schuetze r.sagitario at gmx.de
Fri Feb 1 03:30:04 PST 2013

I'm a little concerned about the current state of the generated JSON
files. As discussed on the newsgroup it is excessively verbose and
inconsistent. It's also incompatible with previous versions so tools
relying on it need to be changed. Visual D for example doesn't find any
line number info or type anymore because of a different structure, other
fields are renamed. (Unrelated to the format, but it also seems to cause
crashes easily, though I'm not sure yet if this is a problem with the
size, the compiler or the precise GC.)
It would be unpleasant if it changes considerably in the next version again.