[Greylist-users] Which RedHat disto works best with GreyList?

Wayne Walker wwalker at bybent.com
Mon Feb 6 12:25:04 PST 2006

I would recommend RHEL4/CentOS4.  Here are the versions of the things
you mentioned from my CentOS 4 box (CentOS4 is an almost exact copy of
RHEL).

[wwalker at bevo ~]$ rpm -qa | egrep '(mysql|perl|sendmail|httpd)'
mysql-4.1.12-3.RHEL4.1
mysql-server-4.1.12-3.RHEL4.1
sendmail-8.13.1-2
perl-5.8.5-24.RHEL4

[wwalker at bevo ~]$ perl -V | grep -i thread
archname=i386-linux-thread-multi
-Dvendorprefix=/usr -Dsiteprefix=/usr -Duseshrplib -Dusethreads

I prefer to support RedHat so I buy RHEL licenses, but use CentOS
because I can't stand up2date.

CentOS is also much more up to date than RHEL in the base install
usually.

But with either one, you must do an update after install (yum update OR
up2date -u)

Wayne