[D-runtime] core.stdc vs core.sys vs std.c

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Sun Jan 23 00:34:22 PST 2011

On Saturday 22 January 2011 13:47:36 Brad Roberts wrote:
> Why do all three exist?  I'd really like to collapse that down to just one,
> core.sys.
>
> Thoughts?

Isn't std.c supposed to be going away?

Without looking at the code, I would expect core.stdc to have standar C stuff and
core.sys to have system-specific stuff, so on the surface at least, it seems
sensible for them to be separate. But I see no point in std.c on top of
core.stdc. Still, IIRC, std.c is supposed to be going away and that we're
supposed to be using core.stdc now.

- Jonathan M Davis