[D-runtime] Arghhh, DLLs broken on Win32 *again*!

Sean Kelly sean at invisibleduck.org
Wed Mar 21 14:31:49 PDT 2012

On Mar 21, 2012, at 2:13 PM, dawg at dawgfoto.de wrote:

>> Because it explicitly calls internal functions instead of Runtime.initialize or whatever.
>
> It does even worse hacks than that but the current point
> of failure is the gcstub.obj doesn't get updated automatically.

It's debatable whether gcstub is really needed for this anyway.  All it provides is some space savings in the generated DLL, and in turn guarantees that the DLL can only be loaded by a D executable.  I'd be more interested in generating DLLs that can be loaded by executables of any language, and so would leave out gcstub.