D being talked about at gcc.gnu.org (RPM)

Anders F Björklund afb at algonet.se
Tue Apr 18 06:57:08 PDT 2006

Philip Van Hoof wrote:

> I'm planning to build packages for GDC on Fedora and Debian. Not that I
> know a lot about packaging. It would be, however, very useful to have a
> build procedure or package management or apt or yum source for GDC.
> But if somebody wants to help or maybe if somebody already did such a
> package, tell me  ;-)

Here is my RPM spec: http://www.algonet.se/~afb/d/gdc.spec
This new version has quite a few options to choose from ?

Unlike the DMD RPM, the Phobos library is included in main.
It also builds C and C++ packages, as a "side effect" to D.

When GDC gets a new home, we can host binary RPMS there.
(at least for the major distros, and the source SRPMS ?)

I'm doing Mac packages at http://gdcmac.sourceforge.net/
and there's been talk about providing MinGW packages too.

--anders

PS. I've been using this package spec since 0.10 or so...
     http://www.digitalmars.com/d/archives/D/gnu/1070.html
     http://www.digitalmars.com/d/archives/D/gnu/1073.html
     http://www.digitalmars.com/d/archives/D/gnu/1390.html
     http://www.digitalmars.com/d/archives/D/gnu/1564.html
     The spec has change a bit over time, but been useful.