GDC with later DMD's

Anders F Björklund afb at algonet.se
Sat Apr 29 11:59:50 PDT 2006

Gregor Richards wrote:

>> You didn't say if you had been merging with what Brad did for
>> "gdc-0.18-alpha1", so I will initially assume that you didn't.
>
> That would be the wrong assumption, actually I did :)

Excellent, I had reorganized it to match gdc-0.17, so I hadn't
run the diffs yet. All good then, we should be all synched :-)

> gdc-Ego is the combination of 0.17, 0.18-alpha1 and DMD-0.156

Great, would it be possible to reorganize it to match gdc-0.17,
and perhaps rename it to "0.18-alpha2" or something similar ?

>> Plus whatever changes that David has done for the gdc 0.18
>> release already, such as for Linux PowerPC or 64-bit support.
>
> Assuming he comes out of hibernation :(

If he doesn't, we just have to ignore those two fringe targets...
I don't see anything wrong with us releasing a gdc 0.18 anyway ?

>> The only differences between DMD 0.155 and 0.156 are prints.
>> (some debugging printfs were not commented out, expression.c)
>
> Yeah, I know, but from 0.154->0.155 was huge.

Yup, http://www.algonet.se/~afb/d/diffs/dmd-154-to-155-src.diff.gz
Just thought I'd mention the 156, since there was no "D Change Log"

--anders