BeOS

Tomas Wilhelmsson tomas.wilhelmsson at gmail.com
Sat Aug 5 03:05:13 PDT 2006

Hi there, been trying to get GDC working on beos, im very interested in
making it work and take all help i can get. But seems to be alot of linkage
problems etc.

But anyways, a place to start? I have added d_ver_string thingie as beos and
it works.

The pthread dependency, is that removable? As beos only has an incomplete
extra lib for this.

i get alot of _Unwind* unresolved externals, sounds like its some lib
version missmatch or something that does this .. dunno where tho, im going
to try and crosscompile it from linux against the haiku tree as soon as i
get haiku to compile on gcc4 :P

I know ordenary beos is gcc 2.95* so it wont work with beapi, but in haiku i
have the option to compile gcc4 if i like :> And it starts to be so complete
that im very positive it will be usable soon :>

Ahh and __libc_stack_end is missing, or was, havent seen it the last 30
compiles or so but was missing first time i tried to compile...

Anyways, im gonna try and get it running but i might need help from people
that already have ported or the founder? :> If needed i can even setup this
machine as a short term telnet machine for error checking :>

I think D can be a very good contribution to the beos comunity if it works
and beapi works :>

Live long and prosper!
                        / Tomas on his way to perfection