gdc binary package for GNU/Linux

Anders F Björklund afb at algonet.se
Tue Aug 8 06:07:41 PDT 2006

Gregor Richards wrote:

>> Doesn't GDC require the same version for GCC that you used for GDC ?
>
> Not in my experience.

I meant for things in how it references the modules and binaries:

/usr/include/d/3.3.6/
/usr/lib/gcc/powerpc-apple-darwin7/3.3.6/

/usr/include/d/4.0.1/
/usr/libexec/gcc/powerpc-apple-darwin8/4.0.1/

But maybe you have it set up differently, in this Linux build...

>> Haven't been able to get that work too good on Mac/Win yet, though...
>
> Works great for me :P

Sounds good, maybe relocation can be enabled again for 0.20 then.

>> There was talk earlier about a friendly portal to all things GDC...
>
> Such as dgcc.sf.net if package-makers were given access *HINT HINT :P*

That would be up to David Friedman, I can contribute my build scripts.

--anders