gdc binary package for GNU/Linux

Anders F Björklund afb at algonet.se
Mon Aug 7 10:31:55 PDT 2006

Gregor Richards wrote:

> I've made an easy-to-install binary package of GDC (0.19) for GNU/Linux
> on x86, any distribution.  Unfortunately, I have nowhere to host it, and
> not many systems to test it on.

How big is it ? The binaries for Mac and Win are only about 3 MB ?

> You will definitely need at least GCC 3.4 installed, probably GCC 4.0.
> You will also need glibc 2.3.

Doesn't GDC require the same version for GCC that you used for GDC ?

> GDC from this package can be installed to any path (mostly thanks to
> recent changes making it relocatable :) )

Haven't been able to get that work too good on Mac/Win yet, though...

> If anyone has somewhere apt to upload it, or would like to test it and
> has an email box big enough to receive it, respond either by email or here.

I guess we *could* start another "gdcgnu" project at SourceForge,
*or* we start hosting all the different builds in a single place ?

There was talk earlier about a friendly portal to all things GDC...

--anders