Supported architectures for D

John Reimer terminal.node at gmail.com
Wed Aug 16 23:08:06 PDT 2006

On Wed, 16 Aug 2006 18:47:36 -0700, Chad J
<gamerChad at _spamIsBad_gmail.com> wrote:

> Wim Vander Schelden wrote:
>> I don't have a PocketPC any more, I now own a Tungsten|C, on which I
>> intend to run Linux by the end of the summer. I'd like to help you with
>> porting the compiler over to ARM/Linux once it does, if you're
>> interested in such a port.
>>  Wim
>
> An ARM-Linux port would be great.  I probably won't be willing to spend
> any months on it like WinCE, at least not so soon, but I am willing to
> give it a shot :)
>
> If we take on ARM-Linux then you will have to do the runtime debugging
> since I don't have a Linux PDA.
>
> Be sure and post or email me when you want to do this.  At this point
> earlier is better - I have college coming mid-september, with 3 physics
> classes and a vector analysis math class, so I won't be able to help as
> much then.  If you have time, I suggest possibly just getting the
> compiler to compile, even if you don't have a PDA to test on yet.  Just
> getting an executable to test on my PDA took me a loooong time.

I have a linux arm-based PDA.  I haven't tried doing any work with gdc on
it yet.  It's a wonderful Sharp Zaurus SL-C3200 (I also have the SL-C700)
and it runs OpenZaurus.  An excellent machine for this sort of thing.  I'd
love to test this out.

I'm surprised that there is a Linux available for the Tungsten|C.  That
would make a great little machine.  Which linux is that? Links? Maybe I
can somehow find a way to get poor broken Tungsten back into working shape
after 2 years in the closet.

-JJR