Supported architectures for D

Chad J gamerChad at _spamIsBad_gmail.com
Thu Aug 17 01:38:51 PDT 2006

Wim Vander Schelden wrote:
> I have noticed strange thing just below the surface of my screen as
> well, they look like bubbles, and I have noticed the screens surface is
> very easily damaged (scratches etc) so lets just hope it doesn't break
> just yet. As for the responsiveness of palm os, sure, if you use it for
> its calendar and things like that it may be responsive, but once you use
> its wifi things go wrong :) I never used WM5, but WM2k3 worked nicely
> for me, albeit it often crashed. A friend of mine owned a Dell x50v, and
> it was bulky, power hungry and the UI was dog ugly, way worse than the
> simple WM2k3. Why didn't they just stick their Windows XP teletubbie
> skin (green-blue and a wallpaper of a hill that looks like its a
> screenshot from teletubbieland) on it to make the torment complete?
> That said, he API for software development is awful on a palm, its
> something that should have been flagged "deprecated" a few decades ago.
> Thank god their switching to linux :)
>
> /End of off-topic slandering of all PDA OS'es
>
> - Wim

So a Dell x50v with WM2k3 would be a decent choice (I'm thinking of
getting one)?  I want the 480x640 res, and I want to be able to run my D
programs on it :)

Yeah the palm API... this is why I am working on a WinCE port and not a
Palm port, and why I'm willing to give ARM-linux a shot but I'm not
going to touch palm until the game I want to write is completed.  It
seems like a lot of extra work in Phobos making everything work with
palm, when they might just switch to linux soon.