Compiler relocation with MinGW [Re: r50 mingw32 doesn't work]

Anders F Björklund afb at algonet.se
Mon Dec 11 06:40:18 PST 2006

David Friedman wrote:

> I think I finally figured out this whole MinGW relocation thing...
>
> If you want gdc (or g++) to work correctly, you have to configure with a
> prefix that does not get translated by MSYS.  One way to do this is to
> use a real Win32 path.  For example, "configure --prefix=c:/gdc"
>
> This builds a working compiler that can also be relocated to another
> directory.  However, it is inconvenient for making packages (via "make
> install DESTDIR=...").  To build with a prefix that starts with '/', do

Thanks for the info, I will try this with the gdcwin 3.4.5 build later.
(will do the fake /gdc mount, instead of installing in /mingw like now)

My configure options: http://gdcwin.sourceforge.net/gcc-3.4.5-build.sh
(should be the same as what MinGW is using, plus the D language enabled)

--anders

PS.
Is it possible to get the pl2bat included for the MinGW/Windows build ?
(i.e. to build gdmd.bat, for Windows users not using MSYS/a real shell)

http://www.perl.com/doc/manual/html/win32/bin/pl2bat.pl.html